Translate

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lots of Lasts, Hopeful Firsts, & Unknown Futures

Merhaba! 

Lately, I've just been anxiously awaiting some news regarding my visa and departure date... I am just so ready to start this adventure already. But enough about the depressing stuff, let me update you on all the recent changes that have come up over the past couple days:

This last Friday (( August 22nd )) was my official last day of working at Penn Station! It's kind of bittersweet for me, since I've worked there for almost 2 years now and I've become really close with my coworkers. But at the same time, I can't wait to finally start this upcoming year long adventure that I've waited so long for. {{ If your reading this, I just wanted to give a HUGE thanks to my General Manager Cassie and Franchise Owner Doug for all they've done for me over these last two years. You've both been so helpful, flexible, and supportive when it came to my year abroad. I can't thank you enough! }} 
But once I got out of work, Nicole (outbound to Brazil) and I went to see that new movie "If I Stay". I have to admit, I thought I'd like the movie much more than I actually did. It was just a little too predictable. But I heard the book was good, so maybe I'll have to read it some day! 

Speaking of unknown futures, today I had a meeting with IU, aka Indiana University. It was one of those informational meetings where they go through a slide show and then the audience asks questions afterwards to the presenters. My mom actually went to IU so she was, of course, very excited to be at the meeting hearing about her old school. But I also have another College visit on Wednesday to Manchester University, where my Dad went to College. As of right now, Manchester is my first choice, but who knows what my opinion will be until after I visit it. 

And speaking of lasts, today some of my Family had a "Going away" taco party for me. It was so sad having to say goodbye to all of them, especially since we all won't be together again for another year. Thanks for the awesome party guys, I'll miss you bunches xoxo 
Top row: Jack, Julia, Me, Alice, Samantha, Steven, and George.
Bottom row: Sophie and Eric

Thanks again for reading! 
Sincerely, Maggie  


1 comment:

  1. OK - so did you get your Visa? Your post was seriously depressing! You are going to have an amazing time on your exchange. Quit thinking about what you are leaving and think about what you are missing in Turkey.

    ReplyDelete