Translate

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My weekend and such

Hey guys!

So recently, I've been so so busy that I've barely had time to sleep (and I got the worst cold because of it)! But here are some of the random things I've done over the last weekend. 

First, Turkish class and the struggle to eat real food during the break (usually we eat prepackaged stuff since the only place around to buy food is a Migros grocery store). Daffne is trying to eat cereal out of the bag (with milk inside...)
After Turkish class, a few of us went to Metrocity Mall to look around for a while.
Charlène and Camila
Such a huge mall! 
They even have a Krispy Kreme in the mall! I was so shocked when I found this since the one that was in Fort Wayne has been closed for years. Next time I'll be sure to stop in :) 
--
After the mall, we all took 2 mini buses (about 40 minutes each) to our Turkish friend, Hüseyin's birthday party. Here was the gorgeous view: 

 

Luis "posing" for his picture...
Charlène 

Later, Daffne and I left the party to head back to Kadiköy so we could meet our friend from school, Hazal. But the bus ride to the Besiktas ferry station was 2 hours long. By the time we arrived in Kadiköy (after the 30 minute ferry ride) Hazal told us it was too late to meet her. So since it was only 8:30pm, Daffne and I decided to hangout anyway. We ate fried Mante (pictured below) and talked. We were even joined by a stray cat! The cat just jumped up into the extra seat we had at our table, and stayed there for about 20 minutes or so. It was so adorable :) 
 

Anyway, I hope to be sending out my postcards and a special package this week sometime! This weekend is our Christmas Party and I can't wait. Also, my host sister, İrem (said like: E rem), who's been studying abroad in California (for University) comes home tomorrow for a one month New Years break. I can't wait to meet her! 

I hope you all are finding yourselves happy and healthy this holiday season :)

Love, Mags

Ps- Julia and I had our Rotary lunch today! I couldn't get food pictures because some Rotarians sat with us and so our phones were off. But the speaker was really good. He is a theatre scout from NYC, but he moved to Istanbul 2 years ago and is now running the hugest theatre we have in the city! I really enjoyed his speech. 



1 comment: