Translate

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

So much to blog about...

Hey everyone! 
Okay, so I have a lot to share. Let's start with school. I take a bus to and from school everyday. My bus number is #26. On the bus is me, several middle school children, and two teachers (yeah, even they ride the bus!). I'm the first pick up, roughly 7:15am, and last drop off. I really love the bus ride! I am able to see so much more of the city this way. Here is a picture of some of the buses: 
 At school, I am in an IB class which is a class of around 15 students that have a class curriculum agreed upon by all the countries around the world. And as you can imagine, this makes the courses more difficult. But the reward is bigger because just about every university around the world will take an IB diploma over a regular one. But there are 3 or 4 IB classrooms at my school (on the IB floor) so during breaks we all hangout together in the common area (which has a ping pong table by the way). Also, there is one other Rotary exchange student at my school. She is from Mexico and in the IB class next to mine! We have a business class together, but we have the same group of friends so it's really great to have someone to talk to about what I'm going through on this exchange. The lunches here are quite good. My friends and I eat at the cantine, which has home cooked food like soups, rice, salads, meats, beans, and other typical Turkish dishes. Oh, and the best parts about the IB courses is that they are mainly taught in English (except for Turkish Class) and I am not required to make grades for this year! Yay for no homework! Now for the part you've all been waiting for, my school uni! 
Even though I came halfway across the world, the plaid skirt and polo shirt still seem to find me! Haha 
Also, here is the view from my school window:
Okay, now onto the Rotary Picnic on Sunday! All of us Inbounds went to the outskirt of Istanbul to a "Beginning of the year Kick off party" for Rotary. Here is where we went:
And our group:
Our group consists of 5 from America, 3 from Mexico, 4 from Brazil, 1 from France, 1 from Germany and 1 from Argentina! On the way to and from this party we rode in these charter buses with interact kids and other Rotarians. On the way home, my friend from school, Daffne, put on some traditional Mexican music and we all danced in the isle to it! This is one of my best memories so far :) We also have our Intro Camp coming up this Friday-Sunday. I can't wait to see them all again! 
Also, since today is Mexico's Independence Day, we had a celebration with Daffne at school! 
Okay, one last thing. I have to share the good news that I was accepted into Manchester University! I'll have to see what kind of financial aid I will receive before I commit, but I really like this school so I hope it works out! 
 
Thanks for reading!
Maggie

1 comment:

  1. So cool - no food pictures? Keep on sharing your adventure. I love to read about your happenings.

    ReplyDelete