Translate

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Up to now...

Hey, 

So here's an update of the past few weeks: 
District Conference in Antalya!

So tired after our 12 hour over night bus ride.
Our jackets
Hotel we stayed at
When they left for the trip and I returned to Istanbul with 3 other exchange students. (The hand is Luana's. We were holding our hands out to each other as they drove off)
Beautiful beach day
More beach
Boat ride with Gabo and Hailey
Americans 
My 3 sleeping babies on the bus ride home to Istanbul 

Back in Istanbul 

Lunch with friends
Luis and I
My German twin, Fiona
Went to my last Rotary Meeting
Rotary Dessert 
Host Family's cat, Cookie
Hair braiding in the park pt.1
Pt. 2
Gabi couldn't get all the braids out! 

Baked apple bread and skyped Daffne (even though we only didn't see each other for 1 day, we still had a lot to talk about :) Plus, she made her bruise into a planet! Hahaha)

Picnic in Moda seaside today
It says, "You are my world"
Mari from Italy
Derin, our Turkish friend

In the Metro station:
It says, "And now"

Anyway, Tuesday at 6am the first of our group leaves to go back home. The first one to complete his/her exchange... Wow. I never thought this day would come. Only 4 weeks until I come back to US, I can't believe how fast this year went! I love this group of exchange students so much, they have become my family. I love them all so much and I am dreading the day when I leave them all for a while. I can't be more thankful for the life I lived here in Istanbul. It has changed me and made me such a better person. Plus, I know that all the friends I made here are for life, not just a year. Love you all so much XOXOXO

Thanks for Reading, 
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment