Translate

Monday, May 11, 2015

New Family

So last Wednesday I changed families! Now I live in Europe (so officially I've lived on two continents during one exchange. Pretty cool, huh?). I really love my new family! They actually own a cafe, which I think is amazing since I don't cook... Also, my host sister was on exchange last year in Cental States (my rotary region), specifically Illinois, so I got to meet her last summer at the end of the year conference. She is such a nice girl :) Here are some pictures of the cafe: 
    
   
    
   
    
    
   
   
And here is an article written about my host parents and their cafe called "Cafe Cakehouse" (sorry, it's in Turkish) 

I love the cafe, it just feels like I'm sitting at home, rather than at a cafe somewhere. 

Also, it was a little weird because on Mothers Day I had only been here with this family for 5 days so I wasn't sure about what to do for my host mom... I decided on buying her flowers. She absolutely loved them! Here is a picture: 
((And for my USA mom, I skyped her and posted this beautiful picture of the two of us...))

I have my district conference this weekend so I am getting pretty excited! It's being held in my second favorite city in Turkey (behind Istanbul) called Anatolia. It's a seaside city in the south western part of the country. I can't wait to go again! 

Anyway, 
Until next time.

Maggie 

1 comment:

  1. Such a cool place! It makes me want to go there and hang out.

    ReplyDelete