Translate

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Weekend recap

Hey again. 

Here is a "recap" of my last weekend :) I hope this post won't be too long..

Friday: 
I didn't go to school today because all of us exchange students went to the Airport to say goodbye to Charlène, the exchange student from France, because she chose to end her exchange early. It was a very sad day for all of us since this is the third student to leave early (either by force or choice). 

After the airport, Daffne, Hana, Julia, Gabo, Luis, Hailey, and I took a metro to Yenıkapı and we ate lunch at a local resturant there. The picture below is a selfie Daffne took with our "Garçon". 

After lunch, we walked from Yenıkapı to Eminönü (which is roughly 35 minutes). And once in Eminönü, Hana and Daffne left us because they had to return to Hana's house for a change of clothes since they were meeting friends later, Hailey went home, and Julia, Luis, Gabo, and I took the ferry to Kadiköy to meet some of the Brazilians. We met Gabi and Arthur in Seyhan Cafe. 
From Seyhan Cafe
Gabo with all the coffees
At the cafe, Luis and Arthur shared some "Çikolata Pasta".
Later, Hana and Daffne joined us again to collect Gabi and they all left to join other friends. Julia went home because she didn't feel like hanging out. That left Arthur, Luis, and I. So we decided to have "Ladies Night"! Haha the night went better than expected. We sat by the seaside, told funny stories, and drank hot chocolate since it was so cold. 

Saturday:

I met a small group of exchange students to have a small celebration for Gabo's birthday! Then I went home and helped my host cousin, Esma, host sister, İrem, and my host mom make dinner!
What we made
Us making it!
After dinner, we had "Family Game Night" and played this game. It was so fun that I'll definitely bring one home with me to play with my brothers. 

Sunday:
I went to Ümraniye to hangout with my friend, Luis from Mexico. We walked around the square, went to a craft store, then we went to his house. At his house we drank çay, had some çikolata ve müz pasta (chocolate and banana cake), and we talked. I had never been to Ümraniye before and I'm so glad I got the chance to go today. 

Also, here are some pictures of the craft store we went to:
Zippers in every color
Thread
Tons of crafting material
String
More odds and ends
Such beautiful colors
Thread
Beads and Ribbon

Maggie



1 comment:

  1. You are just trying to tease Sydney and I will that craft store. I will take one of everything.

    ReplyDelete