Translate

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Things I miss

Recently, I was talking to my mom over Skype and I was telling her how I wasn't homesick, but I still missed certain things from home. And as you can tell from my blog, I have never posted about me having a bad day before. After hearing what I had to say, my mom suggested that I make a post about the random little things I miss from home just so everyone who reads this blog will know how normal it is to feel sad and have some occasional bad days while on exchange. 

So, I decided to make a top 20 list (like I always do) of the things I miss that I never thought I would: 

1) My American bed
2) Driving 
3) Filtered coffee and creamer
4) Talking to my brothers, especially Brian. 
5) Taco Bell (okay I don't even like Taco Bell, but I miss it.)
6) Working
7) Sleeping in late
8) Being able to call my Mom on the phone whenever I want
9) Ice in drinks
10) The couches in my living room
11) Watching "The Great Gatsby" with my brother Eric while we eat coconut Popsicles
12) Petting my dog
13) Meeting my mom at work for lunch
14) Asking my brothers "What did you do at school today?" with them responding "Nothing."
15) How I feel when I'm at the lake  
16) My mom's Thai food
17) Corn on the cob
18) My Grandma's salad dressing
19) Going to school plays/musicals that my brothers are in
20) Eric's laugh, Steven's smile, and Brian's sarcastic comments 

This list could go on and on but I think you get the point. Note to all the exchange students for next year: Please don't take ANYTHING for granted while you are at home. I can guarentee that once you are in the middle of your exchange, those things you took for granted will be the only things you miss.

Maggie 

Ps- here is my month 4 Top Ten from a few weeks ago:



No comments:

Post a Comment