Translate

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The tale of two Thanksgivings

Merhaba arkadaşlar,
Nasılsınız? Ben de iyiyim, teşekkür ederim. Hello friends, How are you? I am good, thank you. 

Now, I will tell you all about my two wonderful Thanksgivings! On Thursday (the actual day for Thanksgiving) my host parents threw a party, invited a lot of my extended host family over for the dinner, and even made a Turkey. I feel so thankful that I was lucky enough to have gotten such a wonderful host family. I absolutely love them :) Also, Sebastian (well he's my host cousin) and Daffne came to the dinner too. And after the dinner, I skyped my USA family for a little bit and they also got to meet/talk to Daffne and Sebastian. Here are pictures: 
Daffne and the table
Before and after...
(L-R) Sebastian, my host mom, host aunt, & another host aunt who is also Sebastian's host mom. 

Then on Saturday after our Turkish Lessons Rotary put together a Thanksgiving Dinner for us at a resturant. We all made food from our home countries to share with everyone. I tried to make cupcakes, but it was such a fail. (I think it was because I had to short a few ingredients and substitute others...). So, I made Apple Bread instead and it was a hit! Pictures below:
My awful cupcakes... :(
At Turkish Lessons before the Thanksgiving Party. 
The table 
Food 
More food
Camila, me, Gabi, and Daffne
Our Turkey 
Us all holding hands and saying what we are thankful for.
Everyone
Actual Turkey meal (but we all got so full on the appetizer food. Oops)
Charlène, our little teddy bear
Me, Luis, and Hana

I feel so fortunate to have made such good friends this year. I can't imagine my exchange without you guys. Seni Seviyourm Arkadaşlar! 

XOXO, Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment