Translate

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rotary Day!

Hey everyone! 
So this past Sunday was "Rotary Day" here in Istanbul. As usual, all the inbounds living in Asia met at the ferry station from Kadiköy to Besiktas around 7:45/8am. We arrived in Besiktas in European side and we ended up taking a taxi to Bebek Park, where the festivities were being held. Also, the PRESIDENT OF ROTARY INTERNATIONAL WAS THERE! Here are some pictures of us taking pictures with him: 
Americans/Rebounds from USA
And, of course, I took a selfie with him. I mean, why not? 
After that, the Festival had many free activities for everyone to enjoy, I couldn't decide what to do first! So we started out with all the fitness ones. They ranged from workout equipment rotations to Zumba sessions. So fun! The Zumba was such a good workout, but I didn't even notice because I was having such a good time. We attended two Zumba sessions. One was with US pop music, such as "Toxic" by Brittney Spears. And the other was Latin music with a lot of hip shaking. Let's just say it was hilarious and embarrassing all at the same time, but I had so much fun laughing at myself! 
Charlène, me, Daffne, Egenaz, and Hana
Luis, Egenaz, and Hana
After working out, a few of us walked around to see all the booths they had set up. It was such a good decision because we got a ton of free stuff, such as toothpaste, mouth wash, lotion, superglue, laundry detergent, a Harry Potter book in Turkish, Icecream, Döner (type of food), soda, popcorn, and even play dough! Also, there was even a "portable planetarium" set up! It was like a black dome that was made of the same material as bouncy houses so all we had to do was just open the curtain and walk right in! They played a video for each session/group about these ants that are in a spaceship discovering the universe. Even though it was geared towards little kids, I still liked it. 
And what would be a rotary event without group selfies? Haha here are a few of them from the day:  
After all the selfies were taken, I was walking around with my friend from Germany and he was telling me how much he misses riding a bike. There were plenty of people at the event that were riding bikes, and I ended up seeing a guy riding a tandem bike by himself. So I flagged him down and asked if Luis could ride with him. The guy was more than happy to fill his extra seat. Haha but what a funny situation that was! I also took a picture of them riding as they passed by me. This picture actually made me cry I was laughing so hard. *sorry Luis 
And before we were all about to leave, we had the opportunity to write messages for world peace on these doves:
Here is Luis writing on the "exchange student dove" while the Rebound from Germany is laughing at what he wrote. His meaasge is below.
I'm told it says something like "I don't know what to write here so I hope you all can't understand me. Rotary."
I'll just finish off this post with another picture of the USA, Rebounds, and Rotary President. :) 

Thanks for reading!
Maggie





No comments:

Post a Comment