Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Outbound Coffee Date

Today I met three of my fellow Outbounds, Kenzie, Sydney and Sophie for coffee. We were out for three hours just talking and having fun. These girls are so nice, confident and funny; I am glad to just be in the same group as them! The four of us get along so well and I had such a good time hanging out with them. There are three other Outbounds, Hannah, Erin and Nicole, but they all couldn't make it because of the weather or other plans. While we were out for coffee, we decided to shop for some lapel buttons for our Rotary Jackets (For the exchange all of the Outbounds are required to have a navy blazer that we pin buttons and other objects that we collect throughout the exchange on, sort of like a scrapbook that you can wear). I, of course, only have a few buttons on my jacket. And on top of decorating our own jackets, we have to have pins that we are supposed to trade with other students for pins from their country to then put on our jackets. Here is what my jacket looks like now:
(I'll be sure to post a picture of my jacket when it's completed so you'll be able to see the difference between now and the future) 
And in case you are wondering, I still have no idea which country I'll be going to on exchange. They told me I should find out anytime now, so just look out for updates! Thanks again for reading!

--Maggie Blackwell

No comments:

Post a Comment